What Does the Art Curriculum Look Like?
Here you will find a general outline of the Fine Arts Curriculum. It is divided into six essential components of learning which focus on art production, art history, art criticism, and aesthetics.
During art instruction and art production, the May Watts artists....
- learn about, select, and apply a variety of media (art materials), techniques and processes.
- learn about and apply elements and principles of design in art.
- consider, select and apply a range of subject matter, symbols and ideas.
- learn about artists and their artwork in relation to history and culture.
- describe, analyze, interpret, and evaluate their own and others' art work.
- make connections between visual art, other disciplines of learning and daily life.